We all have busy schedules but that is no reason to forget about staying fit. Use these simple exercises to sneak in workouts anywhere.
Lunch Break Side Leg Lift
Strengthens the muscles in outer hip and buttocks
- Standing straight and tall, lightly brace yourself on a counter or desk.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and the muscles on your outer thigh as you raise your leg to the side, knee straight, foot up.
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions, then repeat with the other leg.
Strengthens quadriceps and hip flexors
- Sitting in a chair with your abs contracted, extend your leg with your foot up, knee straight.
- Slightly raise your thigh off the chair, lower and repeat.
- Repeat with both legs.
Strengthens the muscles in the calves and thighs
- Using a chair, table or even a shopping cart for support, stand on one leg with your other foot wrapped behind that ankle.
- Rise up on the ball of your foot, tightening your abs and buttocks.
- Alternate and work on the other leg.
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.