3-Minute Floor Workout
Use this short floor workout to strengthen muscles around your knees, core and buttocks. Learn straight leg raise, body bridges and body clams.
Strengthens core, hip and buttocks muslces
- Lying on a bed or mat with your knees bent and feet flat, press down into your feet and raise your hips.
- Tighten abs and buttocks.
- Hold briefly, then slowly lower and relax. Then repeat several times.
Strengthens muscles on the outer hip and buttocks
- Lying on your side with hips and knees bent and knees together, raise your top knee toward the ceiling, keeping your feet together.
- Hold, then slowly lower your knee.
- Repeat several times on both sides.
Straight Leg Raise
Strengthens muscles around knees
- Lying flat with one knee bent, one leg straight, tighten your abs and raise the straightened leg off the floor.
- Tighten the muscle on the top of your thigh as you slowly lift your leg, keeping your knee straight.
- Lower it and repeat several times with each leg.
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.