Standing Back Leg Lift
PRECAUTION: Be careful to maintain your balance. Hold onto a stable object (a chair, railing, wall or counter) while doing this exercise.
PRECAUTION: If you have had recent joint surgery, then check with your doctor before doing this exercise.
- Hold onto a counter, table, railing or wall for support.
- Stand straight and lift your right foot back (keeping your ankle bent) until your right toes are on the floor, then bring your foot forward again.
- Keep your right leg straight as you move it back and forth.
- Stand straight and don’t lean forward, so the motion comes from your hip and you feel the muscles tightening in your buttocks.
- Return only your toes to the floor between repetitions.
- Repeat with your left foot.
- Repeat 5 times on each side to start, increasing to no more than 30 times on each side.
Other Walk With Ease Exercise Videos