The Basics: Educational Rights and School Solutions Webinar
Get the basics about educational rights plans and learn how they can help your child with JA succeed in school.
This webinar addresses the basics of educational rights plans, including 504 and IEP plans, and how to set one up with the right accommodations for your child. It also will help you understand:
- Educational rights laws and how to protect your child’s rights.
- Ways that JIA symptoms can affect your child’s school attendance, access and performance and which accommodations to request.
- Plans and processes that will help you coordinate the right accommodations and modifications in and out of the classroom.
- How to be an effective advocate for your child and build collaboration with teachers and school personnel.
- Help children develop self-advocacy and self-determination skills.
- Sandra Mintz, RN, BSN, Nurse Care Manager in pediatric rheumatology at Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles
- John Leanes, retired educator and school administrator
- Nina Gregory, MA, special education teacher
This webinar was recorded on September 10, 2015. Download
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.