Sample 504 Accommodations for Your Child With JA
You may want to include modifications like these in your child's 504 plan.
View or Download PDF
Absence and Tardiness
- Student is allowed to make up missed schoolwork or tests without penalty when medically necessary.
- Student will receive excused absences for missed school and tardiness when medically necessary
Assignments and Homework
- Student is assigned a notetaker, when needed.
- Student is allowed to submit assignment late without penalty during flares or due to medical appointments.
- Student may submit oral answers to class and homework assignments.
- Homeroom teacher will contact a parent to pick up homework assignments when student is absent.
- Student is allowed to dictate homework to a parent, who will write or type assignment. (Parents will sign the assignment when it is dictated.)
Books and Materials
- Student is provided with two sets of books — one set for school and one set for home.
- Student is allowed to use built-up pencils and other ergonomic school supplies.
- Student is provided with photocopies of teacher notes that are written on the board.
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.