Use these moves and modifications to safely keep your shoulders strong and flexible.
Triceps Press Stretch
Learn how to stretch the back of the arms and shoulders using this triceps press stretch. Stretch slowly, just until you feel a gentle stretch in your muscles. Gradually increase the depth of the stretch over time.
Get some cardio while you improve your range of motion with this seated march.
Try these jacks – without the jump — to improve your flexibility.
Reverse Fly With Resistance Band
This reverse fly is a challenging but effective way to strengthen your upper back, shoulder and arm muscles.
Row With Resistance Band
This row exercise with resistance band is an excellent way to strengthen your shoulders, chest and back and improve your posture.
Triceps Extension With Resistance Band
Strengthen, stretch and tone your triceps and other arm muscles with this triceps extension exercise.
Shadow Boxing With Resistance Band
Step-by-step instructions for a simple but effective shadow boxing exercise that will strengthen your shoulders and triceps.
YES Fitness Videos
Take the First Step to Get Moving
Before you customize a physical activity routine that’s just right for you, download the e-book: A Guide to Happy Feet. Learn ways to protect your feet, what to look for in shoe choices and more. It’s the first step to getting and staying active.
- Stretch just until you feel gentle pulling in your muscles, then hold the stretch.
- The stretch shouldn’t be painful.
- Stretch gently and smoothly. Do not bounce.
- Breathe naturally as you hold the stretch. Don’t hold your breath.
- Repeat stretches as needed, slowly increasing their depth over time.
- Use a resistance band or tube with foam handles. They’re easier to grip.
- Or add foam pipe insulation to bands or tubes to create handles.
- Handles not an option? Opt for resistance tubes. They’re gentler on hands.
- Resistance tubes and bands come in many lengths and resistance levels. Don’t rely on their color to gauge these factors. Manufacturers use different colors to indicate them.
- Try different ones to find the best fit.
- The last few reps in a set should be difficult, but not impossible.