Making An Action Plan
Identify steps to take toward achieving your goals, as well as help you recognize potential barriers.
Once you have a SMART goal you’d like to accomplish, it’s helpful to make an action plan to achieve it. No matter the goal you’d like to achieve, an action plan can help you:
- List the steps you need to take
- Identify health obstacles and solutions
- Identify life obstacles and solutions
- Ask people for help
- Set milestones
Life can sometimes get in the way of your best intentions. That’s why it’s important to pick SMART goals and do your best to stick to them. To help you create a SMART goal you’d like to set for yourself—and to help you achieve it—we’ve created a Goal Tool Kit. You’ll be able to take some of the sections of this tool kit with you to your next office visit to share with your doctor.
The Goal Tool Kit includes:
- A goal-setting worksheet so you can set a SMART goal. A sample goal-setting worksheet is included.
- An action plan worksheet to fill out and share with your doctor. It will help you identify specific steps you’ll need to take toward achieving your goal, as well as help you recognize potential barriers. A sample action plan is included.
- A personal contract for you and your doctor to review.
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.