Feet & Ankle Exercises
Keep the muscles in your feet and around your ankles fit and flexible with these simple and effective moves.
Before attempting these exercises, please see below for tips on how to safely stretch.
Toe TapsImprove your balance and coordination with toe tap exercises.
Heel & Toe TapsMaintain leg range of motion with these heel and toe tap exercises. This exercise includes progressions to work up to as your range of motion slowly increases. If you’re just starting out, begin with level 1 (the easiest) and slowly progress to level 3 (the hardest).
Calf StretchLearn how to use the straight and bent leg techniques to safely stretch your lower leg muscles before and after you work out with this calf stretch.
Calf RaiseStrengthen calf muscles to ease walking and climbing stairs with this calf raise exercise.
YES Fitness Videos
Take the First Step to Get Moving
Before you customize a physical activity routine that’s just right for you, download the e-book: A Guide to Happy Feet. Learn ways to protect your feet, what to look for in shoe choices and more. It’s the first step to getting and staying active.
- Stretch just until you feel gentle pulling in your muscles, then hold the stretch in that position.
- The stretch shouldn’t be painful.
- Stretch gently and smoothly. Do not bounce.
- Breathe naturally as you hold the stretches. Don’t hold your breath.
- Repeat the stretches as needed, slowly increasing the depth of the stretch over time.