Lower Body Strength Workout Demo
Increase your lower body strength and mobility with this workout. Learn the deadlift, leg press, calf raise and more.
Deadlift With Resistance Band
Use a resistance tube or band to work your glutes, hip and leg muscles with this deadlift exercise.
Leg Press With Resistance Band
Work your quadriceps, hamstrings and calf muscles with this leg press exercise to strengthen your legs.
Seated Knee Lift With Resistance BandStrengthen muscles around your hips with this knee lift exercise.
Each of these sit-to-stand exercises, provided by physical therapists from the American Physical Therapy Association, can improve your ability to get up from a chair, get in and out of bed or your car. If you’re just starting out, begin with level 1 (the easiest) and slowly progress to level 4 (the hardest).
Side Leg Raise
This simple but effective side leg raise will strengthen your hip abductors, making daily tasks like getting in and out of your car easier.
Standing Hip ExtensionGain flexibility and strength in your hip extensor muscles with this standing hip extension exercise.
Calf RaiseStrengthen calf muscles to ease walking and climbing stairs with this calf raise exercise.
The clam exercise is a great way to strengthen the muscles on the outer hip and in the buttocks.
YES Fitness Videos
Take the First Step to Get Moving
Before you customize a physical activity routine that’s just right for you, download the e-book: A Guide to Happy Feet. Learn ways to protect your feet, what to look for in shoe choices and more. It’s the first step to getting and staying active.
- Use a resistance band or tube with foam handles. They’re easier to grip.
- Or add foam pipe insulation to bands or tubes to create handles.
- Handles not an option? Opt for resistance tubes. They’re gentler on hands.
- Resistance tubes and bands come in many lengths and resistance levels. Don’t rely on their color to gauge these factors. Manufacturers use different colors to indicate them.
- Try different ones to find the best fit.
- The last few reps in a set should be difficult, but not impossible.