Becoming a Platinum Ambassador
Platinum Ambassadors are an elite group of Ambassadors who go above and beyond the call of duty by accomplishing a challenging list of ten ambassador assignments along with six bonus activities, all while raising at minimum $1,000 to support the Foundation’s mission to conquer and cure arthritis. If you are interested in becoming a Platinum Ambassador, please be sure to download a copy of the bonus activities for your careful review and report them in our Ambassador Reporting Center.
Recognizing Excellence in 2019
The Arthritis Foundation was pleased to honor 70 individuals with the Platinum Ambassador Award for 2018. Our record breaking 2018 Platinum Ambassadors hail from across the United States, representing nearly 30 states as the Champions of legislative priorities important to people with arthritis.
Platinum Ambassador Bonus Activities
Don’t forget, you can always create your own bonus activity! Please contact Julie Eller (firstname.lastname@example.org) for activities not listed here that may count toward a bonus activity. All activities must be Arthritis Foundation advocacy related.
Building Block Bonus Activities
- Separate from an assigned activity, meet with your state or federal representative or staff in your hometown and share with them at least one of the Arthritis Foundation’s state or national advocacy priorities outside any scheduled Ambassador activities.
- Outside any scheduled Ambassador activities, attend a Town Hall or Tele-Town Hall meeting with a state or federally elected official and ask a question about an national or state advocacy priority.
- Appear in a local or online newspaper for your efforts raising awareness about Arthritis Foundation advocacy.
- Organize a visit with an elected official and an area rheumatologist in their clinic to discuss Arthritis Foundation advocacy.
- Create a blog about being an Ambassador and blog about state and federal issues and discuss the Ambassador program in general.
- Recruit 50 Advocates outside of an Arthritis Foundation event.
- Create a twitter account and follow your state and federal legislators; post at least 20 tweets about being an Ambassador over the course of the year.
- Successfully persuade a state, federally elected official or mayor to attend an Arthritis Foundation event.
- Choose your own! Please contact Julie Eller (email@example.com) for activities not listed here that may count toward a bonus activity. All activities must be Arthritis Foundation advocacy related.
Leadership Bonus Activities
- Serve as a State Advocacy Chair
- Serve on a State Advocacy Committee
- Serve as a Connect Facilitator or Connect Leader on the Leadership Board
- Serve on the Patient Leadership Council
- Serve as an advocacy moderator in the Live Yes! Online Community
- Serve as a patient grant reviewer to a state or federal health agency or committee such as the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute or Department of Defense
Public Speaking Bonus Activities
- Accept an invitation, should it be made, to present at a congressional or state briefing, hearing, or with a state or federal agency or legislature.
- Accept an invitation, should it be made, to present an advocacy related presentation at an Arthritis Foundation event.
- Speak with a local community group about Arthritis Foundation advocacy.
- Speak as a subject matter expert on Advocacy at a local Connect Event with the Live Yes Arthritis Network.
Arthritis Foundation Event Bonus Activities
- Volunteer with the Advocacy programming at the JA Conference
- Volunteer with the Advocacy programming at the Conference of Champions
- Volunteer in the coordination & training at a state legislative day or local advocacy training
- Attend a State Legislative Day and meet with your state elected official
- Successfully persuade a state, federally elected official or mayor to attend an Arthritis Foundation event
Fundraising Bonus Activities
- Lead a Walk to Cure Arthritis or Jingle Bell Run team that raises at least $1,000. You may participate virtually in the Walk to Cure Arthritis or Jingle Bell Run nearest you, should one not be within driving distance. The $1,000 fundraising goal is in addition to the $1000 to be a Platinum Ambassador.
- Recruit your full Walk to Cure Arthritis Team to sign up as an Advocate for Arthritis
- Serve as the Advocacy Chair for an Arthritis Foundation event. This includes, but is not limited to, Walk to Cure Arthritis, Jingle Bell Run, Bone Bash, Galas.
Advocate for What's Right
As an Arthritis Advocate, you’ll feel good about taking action to make health care more accessible. Help shift the policy and public perception that affects those living with arthritis.