Telling a New Partner About Your Arthritis
Dating can be challenging for anyone, especially when telling your new partner that you have arthritis. Use these nine tips when making the big reveal.
1. Telling a New Partner About Your Arthritis
Research funded by Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity and Foundation
2. Time It Right
3. Be Honest with Your Intention
4. Be Confident in Your Delivery
5. Make It Casual
6. Be Prepared for Questions
7. Focus on the Positives
8. Avoid Revealing During Intimacy
9. Have Realistic Expectations
10. Don’t Take Rejection Personally
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Get involved with the arthritis community. Tell us a little about yourself and, based on your interests, you’ll receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.