Ambassador Program: Current Assignment
Arthritis Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours a month for at least one year to the program. Every month we will host a half hour webinar, called the Ambassador Briefing, where you will receive your current assignment (listed below). Additionally, new Ambassador training takes place immediately following the Ambassador Briefing, stay on the line to learn more about our program and your new role as an Ambassador. The most current training and orientation slides are available on our Arthritis Foundation Youtube account in our advocacy playlist, check it out here!
Platinum Ambassadors are top Ambassadors who complete all Ambassador assignments for the year (October 2016-October 2017), plus 4 bonus activities, and raise $1,000 (give or get). 2017 Platinum Ambassadors are eligible to attend the Platinum Ambassador Fly In in Washington, DC this March 12-13, 2018. If you are reengaging in the Ambassador program or a new Ambassador before March 31, 2017 and missed the first two assignments of the 2017 Ambassador year, you must complete 3 additional bonus assignments in addition to the regular Platinum Ambassador requirements. Ambassadors who join after March 31, 2017 will not be eligible for the Platinum Ambassador Fly In. Ambassadors wishing to obtain Platinum Ambassador will need to report all of their assignments and bonus activities in the Reporting Center.
Upcoming 2018 Briefing Dates
All briefings will be held at 3:00 PM Eastern time - you will be notified of any changes.
- March 6
- May 16
- July 18
- September 12
The next Ambassador Briefing will take place on March 6, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- To dial in, please dial 866-487-9460, code 9317092991
Briefing slides from January 17th:
Option 1: Invite Your Member of Congress to our Hill Briefing
- On Thursday, February 1, the Arthritis Foundation and the American College of Rheumatology are hosting a hill briefing in cooperation with the Congressional Arthritis Caucus and we need your help! This special lunch briefing will provide an overview of the latest CDC data, the impact on constituents, and the important work of the CDC Arthritis Program and research at NIH and the DoD to turn the tide of this devastating disease.
- You can use this Action Alert to easily email and tweet to your member of Congress with our Save the Date!
Option 2: Promote our upcoming Advocate Webinar on Step Therapy
- On January 24, 2018 at 11:00 am, the Arthritis Foundation is hosting our first Advocate Webinar Series of 2018 on Step Therapy. The event will feature guest speakers who are experts on the Federal Step Therapy Bill and how it can increase access to care for patients. Throughout this month, please promote the event on social media to maximize it's buzz, invite your friends and family!
- Click here to register for the webinar!
- Invite your friends and family to register with this link: http://bit.ly/AdvocateforArthritis
Option 3: Raise Awareness to #SaveCHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program!
- This week marks 100 days since Congress failed to re-authorize the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which provides 9 million U.S. children and pregnant women with comprehensive and affordable health care coverage. Since CHIP funding expired on September 30, 2017, Congress has enacted temporary funding patches that have left states with inadequate resources and time to fully fund their programs. This has manufactured an emergency with real consequences for children, families and pregnant women, and for the states, which operate CHIP programs. In fact, states are already notifying families that they may not have a source of health coverage for their children, should Congress fail to enact a long-term extension of CHIP funding.
- You can help #SaveCHIP by sharing messages about the importance of children's health insurance on social media. Use this toolkit to help guide and support your messages with data, fact sheets, and talking points!
Ambassador Bonus Activities
Please note that four bonus activities plus $1,000 fundraised (give or get) is required to become a 2017 Platinum Ambassador. Bonus Activities must be reported on in the Ambassador Reporting Center.