Ambassador Program: Current Assignment
Arthritis Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours a month for at least one year to the program. Every month we will host a half hour webinar, called the Ambassador Briefing, where you will receive your current assignment (listed below). Additionally, new Ambassador training takes place immediately following the Ambassador Briefing, stay on the line to learn more about our program and your new role as an Ambassador. The most current training and orientation slides are available on our Arthritis Foundation Youtube account in our advocacy playlist, check it out here!
Platinum Ambassadors are top Ambassadors who complete all Ambassador assignments for the year (October 2016-October 2017), plus 4 bonus activities, and raise $1,000 (give or get). 2017 Platinum Ambassadors are eligible to attend the Platinum Ambassador Fly In in Washington, DC this March 12-13, 2018. If you are reengaging in the Ambassador program or a new Ambassador before March 31, 2017 and missed the first two assignments of the 2017 Ambassador year, you must complete 3 additional bonus assignments in addition to the regular Platinum Ambassador requirements. Ambassadors who join after March 31, 2017 will not be eligible for the Platinum Ambassador Fly In. Ambassadors wishing to obtain Platinum Ambassador will need to report all of their assignments and bonus activities in the Reporting Center.
Upcoming 2018 Briefing Dates
All briefings will be held at 3:00 PM Eastern time - you will be notified of any changes.
- May 16
- July 18
- September 12
The next Ambassador Briefing will take place on March 6, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- To dial in, please dial 866-487-9460, code 9317092991
Briefing slides from March 6th:
Option 1: Participate in our #AdvocateforArthritis Social Media Campaign to help amplify our stories on Capitol Hill for the Platinum Ambassador Assembly! Read our blog post about how to take action and follow these four each steps:
- Create your sign: Print out this sign and in one sentence, written large and legible, tell us why you #AdvocateforArthritis!
- Take your picture: Hold your sign and snap a picture- it's important that your words are large and easy to read in the picture. Ask a friend to take your picture so they can help make syre your message is clear!
- Set an alarm: Our goal is to flood the internet with messages of hope and determination at 12:00 Eastern Time on March 13. Coordinating our posts will help our hashtag gain traction on social media. Set an alarm on your phone or calendar right now to remind yourself to post your picture online at 12:00 pm eastern on March 13!
- Plan your Post: Your post can be simple, just reiterate the reason that you #AdvocateforArthritis! You'll want to make sure to include the hashtag #AdvocateforArthritis and tag the Arthritis Foundation. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter @ArthritisFdn, and Instragram @arthritisfoundation.
Option 2: Invite your elected officials to attend your local Walk to Cure Arthritis! When a member of Congress attends your Walk to Cure Arthritis, everyone wins! Use this 2018 Legislator Guide to craft your invitation to your local walk event. If you're attending the Platinum Ambassador Assembly, you can even deliver your invitation in person!
Ambassador Bonus Activities
Please note that four bonus activities plus $1,000 fundraised (give or get) is required to become a 2017 Platinum Ambassador. Bonus Activities must be reported on in the Ambassador Reporting Center.