About the Live Yes! Connect Group
Gain knowledge and get empowered to manage your arthritis with support from others who know what it’s like. Join or start a local Live Yes! Connect Group.
How often have you heard things like, “But you’re too young to have arthritis.” Or “You don’t look very sick.” Or “Suck it up, anybody can deal with annoying aches and pains.” Talk about annoying remarks. Doesn’t it drive you crazy?
Whether it’s an insensitive stranger, a flippant friend or a well-meaning family member, you probably want to say something like, “You really don’t get it, do you?” Of course, YOU KNOW arthritis sucks (to be blunt), but most people don’t understand what you’re going through. It can be a very isolating and lonely disease.
That’s why we’ve formed Live Yes! Connect Groups across the country.
It’s where adults with any rheumatic condition can meet face to face with other adults who understand what living with arthritis is like.
“Being part of this community means a lot more than just finding out tips on medications. It brings together people who would otherwise be alone in their diagnosis.”
—Cassie P, Phoenix, Arizona
“It’s a wonderful support network and a comfort to me to know there are people who are experiencing the same health challenges.”
—Anne H, Tucson, Arizona
“Because of what I learn from this group, I’m able to have more intelligent conversations with my rheumatologist and even my friends and family. I feel more in charge of my disease.”
—Carly P, Los Angeles, California
- Live Yes! Connect Groups bring people together for activities focused on mutual support and positive coping strategies.
- We all have in common the unique challenges of balancing everyday demands like school, career, relationships, family activities and/or retirement, while also dealing with the difficulties a chronic disease brings.
- Our groups offer a place of understanding and encouragement for people with arthritis or a related illness and their loved ones.
- Participants are of all ages and stages of arthritis, ranging from the newly diagnosed to those who have been living with the disease for years, and anywhere in between.
Local groups are guided by volunteers who are trained to facilitate these meetups and who live with arthritis themselves. Facilitators know firsthand about the complications and challenges of the disease and serve as a resource for information and suggestions. Meeting activities are tailored to each group’s needs and ideas.
It’s a personalized opportunity — in a safe, trusting and caring environment — to share stories, exchange tips and be educated and empowered.
- Live Yes! Connect Groups feature a combination of learning and social activities.
- Education often includes health care experts who speak about health and wellness. Groups may conduct arthritis-related classes, have informal roundtable discussions on topics of mutual interest or share life hacks and disease-management skills.
- Social events are a popular way to just have fun in the company of others who “get it,” whether it’s going to a show, bowling, visiting a local attraction or enjoying a meal out.
Live Yes! Connect Groups foster meaningful connections. They address the emotional, social and practical challenges of living with arthritis. Participants become self-advocates and develop self-management skills.
Through your local Live Yes! Connect Group, you can gain the knowledge, confidence and resilience to be an empowered patient — who doesn’t just survive life with arthritis, but also THRIVES.
Your Live Yes! Connect Group can help you LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE! Friends, loved ones and caregivers are also welcome to join us.
Stay in the Know. Live in the Yes.
Join the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. Tell us a little about yourself and you will receive emails packed with the latest information and resources to live your best life and connect with others.