Family Camp Volunteers
Volunteers are the heart of the Arthritis Foundation and make opportunities like JA camp possible! The Arthritis Foundation provides many camp volunteer opportunities for you to come and spend time with us at camp.
At family camp, we all work together to make the experience the best for the whole family.
- Volunteers are required to remain at camp the entire duration.
- Knowledge of juvenile arthritis or other childhood rheumatic diseases is not required; we will teach you what you need to know. Experience with kids is a plus.
- Training is a very important part of our volunteer program. Training and orientation are required.
Volunteer positions available: (subject to availability at each camp location)
- Activity specialists take charge of a specific program area of camp, help with themes, skits and general silliness of camp and all program activities, as well as serve as a floating volunteer or counselor. Activity specialists help design and implement activities for campers throughout their time at camp.
- Counselors provide the best examples to campers through positive role modeling, including participating in all activities, keeping comments and attitudes positive, and ensuring camp is a safe and fun environment for all campers.
- Medical team members will be available to help monitor the health of campers and handle first aid emergencies. All medication administration at family camps are done by the child’s parent(s) or guardian(s).