Teen Retreat Volunteers
Volunteers are the heart of the Arthritis Foundation and make opportunities like JA teen retreat possible! The Arthritis Foundation provides many volunteer opportunities for you to come and spend time with us at teen retreat.
- Volunteers are required to remain at teen retreat the entire duration.
- Knowledge of juvenile arthritis or other childhood rheumatic diseases is not required; we will teach you what you need to know. Experience with kids is a plus.
- Training is a very important part of our volunteer program. Training and orientation are required.
Volunteer positions available: (subject to availability at each camp location)
- Activity specialists take charge of a specific program area of teen retreat, help with themes, skits and general silliness of camp and all program activities, as well as serve as a floating volunteer or counselor. Activity specialists help design and implement activities for teens throughout their time at camp.
- Counselors provide the best examples to campers through positive role modeling, including participating in all activities, keeping comments and attitudes positive, and ensuring teen retreat is a safe and fun environment for all campers.
- Medical team members will manage and monitor medication administration during the camp program, as well as monitor the health of teens and handle first aid emergencies as they occur.