PRECAUTION: Be careful to maintain your balance. Hold onto a stable object (a chair, railing, wall, tree or counter) while doing this exercise.
PRECAUTION: Stop this exercise if it hurts your knees.
- Hold onto a counter, table, railing or wall for support.
- Stand straight with your feet directly under your hips.
- Turn your feet slightly outward.
- Squeeze your buttocks together.
- Slowly bend your knees to lower your body just a few inches.
- Keep your feet flat and do not allow your knees to go in front of your toes.
- Do little squats, not deep squats. Do not bend your knees below a 90-degree angle. In other words, don’t let your hips go lower than your knees.
- Hold for a count of 5.
- Repeat 5 times to start, increasing to no more than 30 times.
Other Walk With Ease Exercise Videos