Seated Hamstring Stretches
PRECAUTION: Stop this exercise if it causes a muscle cramp.
- Sit on the edge of a bench, chair or other low, firm surface.
- Stretch out your right leg with your toes pointing up, and place your hands on your left thigh.
- Keep your left foot flat on the ground.
- Keeping your back straight, gently lean forward from your hips until you feel a stretch in the back of your right thigh.
- Pull your foot back, pointing your toes up.
- You may feel a stretch by just straightening up your back.
- Hold and then repeat with your left leg.
- Stretch just until you feel gentle pulling in your muscle, and then hold the stretch in that position. The stretch shouldn’t be painful.
- Stretch gently and smoothly, and do not bounce.
- Breathe naturally as you hold the stretches. Don’t hold your breath.
Other Walk With Ease Exercise Videos