Front Calf and Toe Stretch
PRECAUTION: Be careful to maintain your balance. Hold onto a stable object (a chair, railing, wall, tree or counter) while doing this exercise.
PRECAUTION: If you have had recent joint surgery, then check with your doctor before doing this exercise.
- Lean against a wall, tree or chair for support.
- Bend your left knee slightly, never letting it go beyond your toes.
- Put your right leg back with the toe pointing straight back.
- Keep your head up and spine straight.
- Gently press the front of your right foot and lower your right leg toward the ground.
- Hold and then repeat with your left leg.
- Stretch just until you feel gentle pulling in your muscle, and then hold the stretch in that position. The stretch shouldn’t be painful.
- Stretch gently and smoothly, and do not bounce.
- Breathe naturally as you hold the stretches. Don’t hold your breath.