Juvenile Arthritis Chair
Growing up with arthritis hurts – just ask any of the 300,000 children impacted by this illness. Help make a difference in the lives of these kids and their families by taking a stand and leading the charge.
Review the following materials and links to learn more about taking a leadership role in our quest to conquer juvenile arthritis.
JA Chair Job Description
An in-depth job description of the Juvenile Arthritis Chair, including responsibilities, required trainings, length of term and more. Download the job description >>
Trainings and Meetings
- 2016 JA Chair Fall Conference Call: We discussed JA Chair updates, shared accomplishments and discussed committee recruitment. View the notes here.
- JA Chair Training: Now that you’ve committed to being a JA Chair in your local market, learn more about your role and goals in this training webinar or download the presentation.
- 2015 JA Chair Fall Conference Call: We discussed committee recruitment, ideas and suggestions to build your own JA community. View the notes or listen to the call here.
Tools and Resources
- JA Committee Member Job Description and Recruitment: Use this job description and JA Committee interest form to help recruit for your JA Committee.
- JA Family Resource Program Volunteer Guide: Learn about planning local JA programs in your market. Download the guide >>
- JA Power Pack Engagement Plan: Learn about how we are introducing newly-diagnosed families to the Arthritis Foundation through our JA Power Pack Engagement plan. Download the guide >>
- Online: Visit KidsGetArthritisToo.org to find out about the specific challenges of juvenile arthritis as well as resources specifically geared for these kids and their families.
- Arthritis Foundation JA Programs and Resources for Families: Download the PDF>>
- JA Chair Project Ideas: Find out what other JA Chairs and their committees are working on to help with ideas for your community. Work with your staff partner to discuss the greatest needs for your market. Download the PDF>>
- JA Chair FAQ: Download the PDF >>