Prescription For Access
Living with arthritis is enough to deal with day to day. Who needs the added challenge of navigating a complex health care system to get the treatments required to manage it?
We are constantly listening to our community to identify current areas of concern – areas where we need to take action to improve lives today. As we listen, we are hearing a mounting concern from our community about their ability to access affordable medications in a timely manner. For some, understanding the healthcare system is as difficult as understanding their disease. We recognize that it’s our job to help the arthritis community navigate the complex health care issues they are confronting.
Introducing Prescription For Access
To more proactively address the concerns of our constituents, we have launched a new initiative called Prescription for Access, and we have invited and will continue to invite key leaders from the pharmaceutical industry, insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, health care providers and key policymakers to create a shared understanding of the issues people with arthritis are facing and to formulate a new agenda for the Foundation centered on real-time short- and mid-term solutions.
Bringing Together Patients, Providers, and Decision Makers
Prescription for Access brings together patients, providers and other decision makers to have open dialogue about the issues of accessing treatments that people with arthritis need and create change in the realm of care. We’re fighting to make arthritis care more accessible and less burdensome for millions.
Prescription for Access Tools and Resources
Explore our powerful new toolkit created to help you better understand health coverage options, learn how to get the arthritis care you need and manage claim denials.
Learn five tangible things you can do now to overcome barriers and improve your health care in the coming year.
All people, including those with arthritis, deserve a transparent health care system that allows them to make informed decisions. If the following principles are adopted system-wide, we will achieve this goal.
This one-page summary of the Patient Principles for Health Care is an excellent conversation starter and leave behind for legislators and policymakers.
Recent Highlights of Our Prescription for Access Work:
- Putting Patients First – Arthritis Foundation Brings Industry Stakeholders Together to Ensure Patient Needs are Central in Access to Care Discussions - October 31, 2016
- Constant Commitment in the Wake of Transition, by Ann M. Palmer - November 12, 2016
- Arthritis Advocate Gives Patient Perspective on Access to Care at Congressional Briefing - November 23, 2016
- Arthritis Foundation Meets with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services & America’s Health Insurance Plans to Continue the Fight in Improving Patient Access - December 8, 2016
- Victory – Medicare Part B Demonstration Proposal Withdrawn! - December 20, 2016
- Arthritis 101 and Prescription for Access - Making Sure Your Voice is Heard! - February 6, 2017