Standing Hamstring Stretch
PRECAUTION: Stop this exercise if it causes a muscle cramp.
PRECAUTION: Be careful to maintain your balance. Hold onto a stable object (a chair, railing, wall, tree or counter) while doing this exercise.
- Holding onto a supportive railing or wall, place your right leg on a slightly raised surface, like a step or a curb.
- Keep your hips facing forward and your standing knee bent.
- Slowly bend your left knee until you feel a very mild pulling or stretch on the back of your right thigh. Do not let your knee go beyond your toes.
- To stretch a little more, bend forward slightly at your hips, keeping your back straight.
- Hold and then repeat with your other leg.
- Stretch just until you feel gentle pulling in your muscle, and then hold the stretch in that position. The stretch shouldn’t be painful.
- Stretch gently and smoothly, and do not bounce.
- Breathe naturally as you hold the stretches. Don’t hold your breath.
Other Walk With Ease Exercise Videos