Ambassador Program: Current Assignment
Arthritis Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours a month for at least one year to the program. Every month we will host a half hour webinar, called the Ambassador Briefing, where you will receive your current assignment (listed below). Additionally, new Ambassador training takes place immediately following the Ambassador Briefing, stay on the line to learn more about our program and your new role as an Ambassador. The most current training and orientation slides are available on our Arthritis Foundation Youtube account in our advocacy playlist, check it out here!
Platinum Ambassadors are top Ambassadors who complete all Ambassador assignments for the year (October 2016-October 2017), plus 4 bonus activities, and raise $1,000 (give or get). 2017 Platinum Ambassadors are eligible to attend the Platinum Ambassador Fly In in Washington, DC this March 12-13, 2018. If you are reengaging in the Ambassador program or a new Ambassador before March 31, 2017 and missed the first two assignments of the 2017 Ambassador year, you must complete 3 additional bonus assignments in addition to the regular Platinum Ambassador requirements. Ambassadors who join after March 31, 2017 will not be eligible for the Platinum Ambassador Fly In. Ambassadors wishing to obtain Platinum Ambassador will need to report all of their assignments and bonus activities in the Reporting Center.
Upcoming 2017 Briefing Dates
All briefings will be held at 3:00 PM Eastern time. A 30 minute New Ambassador Orientation will immediately follow each Ambassador Briefing to help new Ambassadors learn more about the program and answer their questions.
The next Ambassador Briefing will take place on November 8, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- To dial in, please dial 866-487-9460, code 9317092991
Briefing slides for November 8th:
Option 1: Raise Awareness for Open Enrollment Season: Get Ready to Rock and Enroll!
- Participate in the Arthritis Foundation Twitter Chat on Open Enrollment on Thursday, November 9 at 12:00 pm eastern time. To engage in the discussion, send in questions about open enrollment, tips you've collected during enrollment periods of the past, and retweet others to amplify their voices.
- If you can't make the twitter chat you can participate by raising awareness of open enrollment resources that the Arthritis Foundation provides like our Help Line, where people can ask questions to a licensed social worker 24/7 at 1.844.571.HELP(4357). You can promote last month's Advocate Webinar on Open Enrollment, or even later this month help publicize our FAQ that includes pieces of the dialogue from the twitter chat.
Option 2: Participate in Jingle Bell Run
- Volunteer at your local Jingle Bell Run's Advocacy Booth: Ask participants to sign up as an Arthritis Foundation Advocate by sharing their story with members of Congress. Advocates tell their stories to lawmakers and receive a monthly newsletter with advocacy updates. This activity will help engage Advocates from the first moment they sign up; the stories they share here will be delivered directly to their elected officials in Washington, DC.
- No Jingle Bell Run in your area? Start a remote team to Jingle in your Jammies! Consider recruiting your friends to jingle remotely and get together to talk about advocacy opportunities in your area. You can use this opportunity to drink some hot cocoa with friends and recruit new folks to the Advocate or Ambassador program! Contact Julie Eller at firstname.lastname@example.org to brainstorm the best ways to get jingling this season.
Ambassador Bonus Activities
Please note that four bonus activities plus $1,000 fundraised (give or get) is required to become a 2017 Platinum Ambassador. Bonus Activities must be reported on in the Ambassador Reporting Center.