News from Northeastern Ohio


Nolan Walker: 2012 Arthritis Foundation Walk Hero

Like many people with arthritis, Nolan Walker, 15, refuses to give in to the disease.  He was recently honored as the 2012 Arthritis Walk Hero in Cleveland, Ohio. Click here to read about Nolan's fight against arthritis.  

 

 


2012 Arthritis Walk a Huge Success

The Cleveland Arthritis Walk, held May 5, 2012 at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, was an outstanding success! More than $122,000 was raised as 2,257 walkers and 137 teams descended on the Zoo to raise arthritis awareness and funds supporting local programs, services and research. Click here to read more.


Complementary Medicine

What do magnets, needles, water, and yoga have in common?  They are all part of complementary therapies that can help those living with the daily pain of arthritis.  Click here to learn more about the various types of complementary therapies available.

 

 


  Water Walking 101

Looking for a great summer workout that will keep you cool?  Try water exercising! Click here to learn tips from the Arthritis Foundation on how to safely exercise in the water so you can keep moving this summer!

 

 


 Boosting Activity for People With Arthritis

In order to dramatically reduce the impact of arthritis, the Arthritis Foundation recently released a report, Environmental and Policy Strategies to Increase Physical Activity Among Adults With Arthritis.  The report focuses on changes that could be made within six important sectors to make physical activity possible for individuals with arthritis. Click here to read more.

 


Upcoming Events

Great Lakes Region Webinar- Lunch and Learn
State Advocacy Issues: Access to Care and Medications

June 28, 2012, 11am-12pm
Featured Speaker: Ryan Sullivan, Regional Coordinator, Saginaw Valley and Genesee County Michigan Consumers for Healthcare.  Please check the special events website closer to the event for registration information.  Please contact pfields@arthritis.org or (513) 527-5042.


Juvenile Arthritis Conference- July 19-22-Marriot Saint Louis Union Station

The Juvenile Arthritis Conference is the Arthritis Foundation's signature, nationwide event for families affected by juvenile arthritis. Join us for this three-day education event that focuses on health, wellness and fun for children affected by arthritis, lupus, myositis, ankylosing spondylitis and other rheumatic diseases. Click here for more information.

 

 


Bridgestone Invitational
- August 1-5, 2012

Fore! Make sure to purchase discount tickets for the 2012 World Golf Championships - Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club

Weekly grounds tickets: $70 (Normally $95)
Any Day Grounds Ticket: $20 (Normally priced at $45). 


Tickets purchased will support the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio while guests take in some amazing games of golf. This is your chance to see PGA greats such as Bubba Watson, Rory McIllroy, Tiger Woods* (*players subject to change) and many others.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.buytfc.com. To support Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio with 75 percent of your ticket purchase, enter the promotion code: CLOSETO PIN. The remaining 25 percent of your ticket purchase benefits local chapters of The First Tee.

Contact Darby Schwartz at 216.285.2826 or dschwartz@arthritis.org with questions. 


Ride for a Reason on Millenium Force at Cedar Point

August 11, 2012, 8am to 9am
Cedar Point Sandusky, OH
Don't miss your chance for an hour of unlimited rides on Millennium Force!  Coaster enthusiasts-Reserve YOUR spot now.  Click here for more information.

 

 


2012 Community Leaders of the Year Award

Honoring Sally & Bob Gries and Molly & Dan Walsh. September 13, 2012, 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
127 Public Square
Cleveland, Ohio 44114

Click here for more information.


Unique Camp Can Benefit Children with Arthritis

Would your child with arthritis benefit from a camp where kids can be kids? Flying Horse Farms is a magical, transforming camp for children who have an illness that affects their daily life. There is a family camp, residential camp, and a sibling camp.

Please click here for more information on how Flying Horse Farms camp can benefit your child and family.

 

Nebo Content Management System Tracking