Find A Physician

Finding A Physician to Care for Your Arthritis

The Arthritis Foundation makes no representations, implied or otherwise, about the competence or qualifications of any physicians listed on any of the following websites. The Foundation strongly recommends that you consult your primary care physician before relying on this list. In addition, we advise you to check with your health insurance company to see which providers are within your network.

Selecting a Rheumatologist (A physician who specializes in the care of arthritis and related diseases)
Rheumatologists receive years of education and training beyond college. After they earn a medical degree (four years of medical school), they complete a residency program in internal medicine or pediatrics. They receive another two to three years in specialized rheumatology training. After completing their rheumatology fellowship training, they must pass a rigorous national exam to become Board Certified. For adult rheumatologists, the subspecialty exam is conducted by the American Board of Internal Medicine. For pediatric rheumatologists, the American Board of Pediatrics conducts the exam.

When searching for a Rheumatologist, we recommend you choose one that is either Board Certified and/or completed his/her Rheumatology Fellowship. 

Locate a Rheumatologist / Pediatric Rheumatologist
Find a Rheumatologist through the American College of Rheumatology

The ACR is the largest professional organization of physicians, scientists, and health professionals devoted to the study and treatment of rheumatic diseases.

Additional Resources:

Locate an Orthopedic Surgeon
Find an Orthopedist through the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 

Locate a Podiatrist
Find a Podiatrist through the American Podiatric Medical Association


For additional questions, please contact the Pacific Region Office at 323-954-5750