Marching in Place
PRECAUTION: If you have had recent joint surgery, then check with your doctor before doing this exercise.
PRECAUTION: Be careful to maintain your balance. Hold onto a stable object (a chair, railing, wall or counter) while doing this exercise.
- Stand, holding onto a supportive railing or the back of a chair or bench.
- Hold on with both hands if you feel unsteady.
- Alternate lifting knees up and down as if marching in place.
- March in place for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually try to lift knees higher and/or march faster toward the end.
Other Walk With Ease Exercise Videos