2014 California Advocacy Summit
Join fellow advocates at the California State Capitol to make your voice heard and advocate for the more than 5.2 million Californians living with arthritis. Attendees will tour the Capitol, receive training on how to meet with their legislator, what the California Arthritis Foundation Council’s policy priorities are, and then put what they learned to practice during legislative visits.
Registration is currently closed.
Embassy Suites Sacramento – Riverfront Promenade
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
1. Visit www.sacramento.embassysuites.com and make a reservation using the group/convention code: ATH
2. Call 1-800-498-5237 and ask for the ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION-ADVOCACY discount rate.
Tuesday, April 22
- 3-3:30pm Registration and check in
- 4pm Tour of Capitol
- 5pm-6pm Free time
- 6-8pm Advocacy Training
Wednesday, April 23
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Morning Guest Speaker
- 10am-noon Advocacy Training
- Noon-1pm Working Lunch
- 1-5pm Legislative Visits
Targeted District Travel Awards are available for people living in the following districts:
- Senator Darrell Steinberg (Senate Dist. 6)
- Senator Ed Hernandez (Senate Dist. 24)
- Senator Joel Anderson (Senate Dist. 36)
- Senator Kevin de Leon (Senate Dist. 22)
- Senator Mimi Walters (Senate Dist. 37)
- Assemblymember John Perez (Assembly Dist. 53)
- Assemblymember Richard Pan (Assembly Dist. 6)
- Assemblymember Maienschein (Assembly Dist. 77)
- Assemblymember Mike Gatto (Assembly Dist. 43)
- Assemblymember Frank Bigelow (Assembly Dist. 5)
- Assemblymember Diane Harkey (Assembly Dist. 73)
If you are unsure whether or not you live in one of these districts, please visit the link below and enter the address you reside at.