How You Can Take Action
To contact your legislator, dial the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. Once connected to the legislative office, ask to speak with the Health Legislative Assistant. You will be transferred to a voicemail. The script below can be used to leave your message.
Sample Script To Share Your Story
Hello, this is [Your Name]. I live in [City, Zip]. I’m calling today to talk about the repeal of the Affordable Care Act and replacement with the American Health Care Act. I would like [Elected Official’s Name] to consider how this health reform will affect patients and consider including these six provisions in the health care reform legislation:
- There should be caps on annual out-of-pocket patient costs.
- There should be health insurance available to all Americans that provides continuous coverage, without exclusions for people with pre-existing conditions.
- There should be a ban on lifetime limits on health care costs.
- There should be affordable premiums, deductibles and cost sharing that accounts for the complexities people with arthritis face.
- There should be continuation of the currently required essential health benefits to ensure patients have access to a robust set of health care services.
- There should be continuation of the policy to allow children to remain on their parents’ health insurance until age 26.
Please call me at your convenience at [phone number] or via email at [email]. Thank you!
Click here to go back.