Ambassador Formal Role Description
The best Ambassadors are those who know what it's like to fight the everyday battles - someone like you. Read the formal role description below to learn what we expect of our Arthritis Ambassadors before signing up.
An Ambassador's Job
Arthritis Ambassadors commit to building strong relationships with their Members of Congress and to advocate the Foundation’s policy priorities. Ambassadors receive exclusive bi-monthly briefings from experts within the field and then engage in assigned tasks such as:
- Contacting Members of Congress concerning important legislative issues
- Interacting with Members of Congress in their local area throughout the year
- Inviting Members of Congress to participate in AF local events
- Promoting AF policy priorities within their community
Arthritis Ambassadors serve as a pivotal links to Members of Congress. Join us today and help make arthritis history!
To learn more, read our Ambassador Program FAQs or send an email to email@example.com.
Arthritis Ambassador Role Description
Arthritis Ambassadors represent the Arthritis Foundation’s most engaged and elite volunteers. Ambassadors serve as official liaisons between the Arthritis Foundation and their state and federally elected officials. The Ambassador Program serves a strategic function of the Arthritis Foundation’s mission by establishing and building a strong grasstops network, ensuring that Congress is aware of the needs of people living with arthritis and is primed to take action.
Arthritis Ambassador Responsibilities
- Participate in bi-monthly webinars, or listen to call recordings shortly thereafter, and complete tasks as assigned
- Represent the Arthritis Foundation’s legislative priorities to elected officials in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain relationships with Congressional staff and legislators to facilitate two-way communication sharing between the Arthritis Foundation and Congress;
- Participate in state and local Arthritis Foundation initiatives
- Play an “action oriented” role in the community (i.e. become an AF member, reach out to local physicians, help develop partnerships, etc.)
Arthritis Ambassador Skill Sets
- Proven passion surrounding the arthritis community
- Interest in building and maintain relationships with Congressional staff and legislators
- Commitment to the Arthritis Foundation priorities
- Ability to think strategically, broadly, and outside the box
- Willingness to learn about the legislative process and the Arthritis Foundation’s legislative priorities
- Capacity to lead others
Arthritis Ambassador Expectations
- Fulfill the member responsibilities as outlined above
- Actively participate on calls and in meetings
- Commit for 1 year to complete assigned Ambassador Tasks
- Arthritis Ambassadors are not authorized to use the Arthritis Ambassador title to support a legislative agenda not outlined by the Arthritis Foundation
If you have read and agree with the Arthritis Ambassador role description above, please complete our short sign-up form!