Sr. Director, Facilitated Network Strategy | Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Sr Director, Facilitated Network Strategy will be the dedicated resource for providing transformational leadership directed at designing, implementing and operating a dynamic, multichannel constituent network aimed at improving health outcomes for people living with arthritis. This position will be tasked with developing the Network to achieve the goal of functioning as a Living, Learning Health System (LLHS) where network participants provide Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) in support of care plan co-production, clinical research, and comparative effectiveness studies. The Sr Director will lead efforts to ensure the network design and operation takes full advantage of existing Foundation resources in the form of programs, collateral and technology tools to support network participation and growth. Further, this position shall lead the effort to identify and deploy new resources to evolve the network design and operation to realize the collective vision for LLHS status. The Sr. Director will work closely with the Sr. Leadership Team with special attention to our Science and Medical leads to deeply understand constituent needs for planning and managing the deployment of this mission critical facilitated network.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Partner with Foundation leadership to identify, determine, review and implement appropriate strategies to create, promote and drive participation in a unique engagement network that is driven by participants.
- Lead efforts to translate strategy development into effective planning, development, execution, and evaluation of a new patient/participant engagement network and program initiatives.
- Facilitate the development of short-and long-term innovative strategies and tactical plans that promote opportunities for engagement. Areas of focus should be in line with key strategic initiatives set by Foundation leadership.
- Develop strategies to leverage our patient network to develop a first of its kind system for the ongoing collection of patient reported outcomes. Use these to create and distribute an initial report of patient-centric insights.
- Develop/support strategies to provide digital tools that will allow patients to become partners with their healthcare provider and participate in the co-production of better health outcomes.
- Develop/support strategies to collect data to be used for research and clinical trials to make recommendations about medical strategies, treatments and drugs.
- Participate in appropriate committees and work groups to identify opportunities where participant engagement and marketing efforts can help improve overall engagement.
- Establish collaborative and productive working relationships with a wide range of community organizations, patient advocacy groups, local agencies, healthcare providers, and other key constituents to further outreach and engagement goals.
- Coordinate meetings and forums with community stakeholders as a method of engaging in bi-directional communication and awareness of the Arthritis Foundation facilitated network.
- Collaborate with marketing, public relations, community affairs and government relations throughout the health system to leverage existing relationships and activities with community organizations.
- Develop a communications plan to ensure community groups are engaged with the Arthritis Foundation network and updated on programs and services available for patients.
- Identify opportunities to leverage social media and other uses of technology as a means for promoting the Arthritis Foundation engagement network.
- Design and facilitate focus groups, in-depth interviews and/or customized qualitative studies as necessary to meet the Arthritis Foundation engagement network goals and objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate education and training for tour guides to ensure participant satisfaction and experience.
- Lead/support the development and implementation of the means to measure the growth and effectiveness of the network for internal assessment as well as reporting back to network participants.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Master’s degree, preferably nursing.
- Eight to ten years of experience in a health care setting.
- Solid knowledge of health care delivery, health education, and patient engagement.
- Experience leading national initiatives.
- Strong professional writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate group processes in consensus building, conflict resolution, planning and decision-making.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a professional, positive, team-oriented approach.
- Clinical research experience a plus
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
Please – NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Employment Opportunity