Region Vice President | Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
FULL TIME | EXEMPT | REMOTE
POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Regional Vice President is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Foundation’s strategic plan within an assigned region. The Regional Vice President is an adept and outcomes-oriented leader who possesses a strong track record and diverse skill set to lead field operations as set forth by The Arthritis Foundation home office. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Field management, the Regional Vice President brings passion and energy to drive revenue growth in support of the Foundation’s mission. The Regional Vice President provides leadership for regional staff and volunteers, marshalling their talent and enthusiasm toward the eradication of all forms of Arthritis. S/he will lead the strategic direction and overall management of an assigned region and will have oversight for numerous field offices. The Regional Vice President will work closely with The Arthritis Foundation Home Office to drive revenue and impact within the region.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Attract and grow a high-performing team of Executive Directors and volunteer partners within local markets and builds an exceptional “people pipeline” of new talent and future organizational leaders.
- Ensure that key leadership positions are filled at the market level and builds a robust base of dynamic Leadership Boards by recruiting a strong slate of Board Chairs.
- Increase the number of productive and effective volunteers in the region, and serves as the primary relationship manager for top tier relationships with major donors, corporate partners, liaisons to national partners, etc.
- Coach and mentor staff to excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
- Implement, monitor, and manage the strategic direction of all revenue generating activities, consistent with The Arthritis Foundation’s strategic plan and regional revenue objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with donors, strategic partners, and other key business constituents across the region to increase the financial capacity and impact of The Arthritis Foundation.
- Assess internal and external mechanisms to aid the organization in developing robust revenue generating operation.
- Work collaboratively with regional field office leadership and team members to enhance The Arthritis Foundation’s brand identity among high net worth individuals, foundations, and major corporations.
- Create and implement a results-driven development plan that engages, board member and volunteers around the organization’s current and future fundraising efforts.
- Develop an internal culture for the region that supports the Foundation’s mission and promotes synergy and collaboration across the region and within the entire enterprise.
- Inspire, lead, and engage a wide network of volunteers and staff, as a partner and a champion.
- Oversee a diverse staff to administer the region’s activities.
- Provide ongoing and timely input to the Foundation’s leadership on progress of all revenue generating activities; conduct analysis of all programs’ cost and effectiveness; and integrate appropriate changes to create more effective regional programs in successive years.
- Work to increase the Foundation’s name recognition in the region through effective marketing, communications, branding and other initiatives.
- Serve as a key communications champion for the region, representing The Arthritis Foundation to volunteers, industry groups, government and regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Establish and enhance key local government relationships, and promote public policy solutions that advance the research, treatment, and elimination of Arthritis.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive fundraising and management experience.
- BA or BS degree (Masters or MBA Preferred).
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking abilities to plan, share, and execute the pursuit of a diversified revenue generating strategy for the region.
- Track record of successfully attracting, developing, motivating and retaining a high performing, team-oriented staff.
- Demonstrated field experience to include engaging local volunteers and executing fundraising activities at the market level.
- Charisma and an ability to collaborate, influence, and motivate others. Ability to “close the deal.”
- Entrepreneurial thought leadership with the ability to recognize emerging trends and new opportunities.
- An established network and partnership building track record (or the skills and acumen to ensure success).
- The ability to build fundraising capacity, as well as understand and manage successful field-level marketing and branding initiatives.
- Ability to strengthen brand development and management processes; and manage business planning, budgeting, program delivery and oversight.
- Ability to leverage and analyze metrics to help drive Regional performance and results.
- Experience working with volunteers. A proven track record of building and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
Implement and execute a diversified revenue generating strategy for the region
Business Development & Planning
The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please – No Phone Calls