Executive Director | Baton Rouge, LA
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Full Time | Exempt | Remote
POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Executive Director (ED) is the business unit leader responsible for the growth and profitability of their market(s) through successful execution on organizational strategies. Reports to the Region Vice President. Manages development, mission and administrative staff. Collaborates with Home Office peers and support teams. Directly manages relationships with local volunteer leadership as well as top partners and donors. Represents the Arthritis Foundation to their community; interacts with donors, volunteers, community and business leaders at all levels as the local “face” of the Foundation.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Strengthens engagement between the Arthritis Foundation and volunteers, donors, and the community at large, deepening their affinity for the organization and activating them locally.
- Recruits, manages and retains a high-performing team; creates an environment of ownership, excellence and tenacity where staff and volunteers are committed to achieve business and team goals.
- Analyzes opportunities and risks to move the business forward and formulates effective plans consistent with Arthritis Foundation practices, market goals and level of responsibility. Manages time, people, and money effectively to accomplish goals.
- Builds and maintains a robust pipeline of volunteer talent and ensures all key leadership roles are filled. Partners with volunteers to implement and execute organizational revenue and mission-related strategies through appropriate tactics.
- Ensures the productivity of key relationships including the Leadership Board and top corporate partners, as well as major and planned giving donors. Mentors staff in how to enhance donor and volunteer relationships. Proactively manages volunteer relationships and effectively drives alignment and full engagement.
- Ensures compliance with the letter and spirit of all operational protocols to maintain the highest levels of performance and accountability.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of non-profit experience directing staff and partnering with volunteer boards.
- Distinguished track record of donor and volunteer stewardship, formulation of high-impact corporate partnerships and consistency in exceeding established goals.
- Proficiency in applying sales technique to a non-profit setting.
- Ability to relate and leverage the Arthritis Foundation’s mission into effective, sustained relationships and successful fundraising projects.
- Experience providing strategic direction and practical oversight to a full range of special event fundraising activities such as pledge-based and ticketed events; demonstrated success with major & individual giving programs is essential.
- Awareness, understanding and accountability for financial performance including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Mission-driven and empathetic.
- Balance and calm amidst complexity, competing demands and expectations.
- Tactfulness with the ability to anticipate reactions and respond well to challenges.
- Prompt in decision-making, including managing performance and addressing difficult situations.
- Able and willing to influence powerful personalities, and professionally and candidly communicate points of view to authority.
- Models and builds coalitions through collaboration, diversity and teamwork.
- Skilled communicator, effectively sharing and receiving key messages and content through multiple mediums as befits a remote colleague and leader.
- Comfort operating within a matrixed environment and with being “part of the whole”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
Donor and Partner Development
Please – NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Employment Opportunity