Director, Data Science and Analytics | Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full Time | Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Director, Data Science and Analytics with The Arthritis Foundation, Inc. in Atlanta, GA will provide thought leadership to the entire IT organization and business units, particularly as relates to data architecture, data analysis, and best practices surrounding metrics and reporting.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Communicate with the CIO and internal AF department heads to plan and produce Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that support data access and data driven decision-making.
- Partner with workgroup leaders to define requirements, reporting specifications, and data strategies.
- Architect and oversee development of complex reporting solutions and dashboards.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the use of BI technologies.
- Design and enhance delivery and support processes for delivering BI capabilities to end users.
- Implement concepts of business process measurement, including the definition and specification of Key Performance Indicators and formulation of metrics.
- Understand business processes and their applicability in designing BI/DW solutions.
- Translate generic business requirements into functional BI solution design documents.
- Develop all standard and special request reports for all departments.
- Manage employees and/or contract DBAs and BI developers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Management, Operations, or a related field and at least 7 years of experience in the job offered or at least 7 years of experience in Business Intelligence.
- All stated experience must include the following: Designing Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions and applications; creating Business Intelligence reports and dashboards; business intelligence data mining and reporting tools; leading Business Intelligence and data management projects; Microsoft SQL; Microsoft Power BI; SharePoint implementation and administration; and Azure data.
The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please – No Phone Calls