Development Manager | Albany, NY
Location: Albany , New York
Full Time | Exempt
The Arthritis Foundation is the Champion of Yes. Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
Our goal is to chart a winning course, guiding families in developing personalized plans for living a full life – and making each day another stride towards a cure.
The Development Manager will implement, coordinate and manage cost-effective fundraising activities to assist the North Eastern New York market to achieve its financial goals. This is a home-based position, however bi-monthly trips to the NYC Office will be required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BA or BS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior related work experience, preferably in sales or event fundraising in a not-for-profit setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to cold call, grow local contacts and build and nurture effective business relationship
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and generate required reports on a timely basis.
- Embraces change and promotes an office culture grounded in adaptability and teamwork.
- Upbeat, “can-do” demeanor; ability to project empathy and compassion when engaging constituents.
The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.