COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Pittsburgh, PA)
FULL TIME, EXEMPT POSITION
The Community Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of special events fundraising including planning, execution and evaluation. This is accomplished through collaboration and knowledge of the designated market to expand the fundraising capability of special events. This position reports directly to the Development Director.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Within the Foundation:
- The Community Development Manager works closely with Development Director, local market and region staff and volunteers to coordinate fundraising events. Maintains working relationships with all staff and volunteers.
- Outside the Foundation:
- The Community Development Manager maintains relationships with business and community leaders, media representatives, etc. to promote fundraising activities.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
ESSENTIAL FUCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Development Director, establish specific annual goals and budgets in relation to the Strategic Plan;
- Secure new and maintain established relationships for sponsorship and in-kind donations;
- Create marketing and public relations materials;
- Communicate with site host regarding event needs, restrictions and process;
- Work with committee to establish new ideas and relationships to execute event;
- Make regular updates to event websites and social media sites;
- Provide regular reports to the Director of Development;
- Assure each event has a solid, active, working committee to oversee and assist with event tasks, monitoring timelines and outcomes;
- Works on the development of collaborative relationships and volunteer recruitment;
- Recruit new committee members or chair when appropriate;
- Be actively involved in community activities to promote the Foundation;
- Monitor and update event timelines to ensure each event is on schedule;
- Actively gather and apply new information and methods that will improve each event’s operations and success from national, regional and local resources;
- Attends and participates in statewide or regional meetings, development staff and committee meetings as required;
- Attend all events within the Foundation for Development and Programs/Services as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in event planning, hospitality or related fields, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of two years related experience;
- Strong presentation skills, including demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Successful internal and external collaborations and partnership experience;
- Must be results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five state Region.
Grand Rapids, MI - Program Manager/Outreach
The Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of educational/health promotion programs and expanding program awareness for a defined market.
• With the Program Director/Branch Director and the Chief Mission Officer, establish specific annual goals in relation to the annual Plan of Work;
• Plans and delivers public education programs to meeting community needs and assists in presenting the Arthritis Foundation mission and goals to corporate and community organizations;
• Provides creative staff leadership in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs to meeting community need in conjunction with supervisor;
• Assists in the implementation of new educational tools developed by the region or National office;
• Assists in presenting the Arthritis Foundation mission and goals to senior centers, organizations, local businesses, funders, and others;
• Works on the development of collaborative relationships and volunteer recruitment;
• Recruits additional sites for exercise program, organized leader trainings;
• Maintains ongoing communication with program sites and leaders to ensure compliance;
• Collects, compiles and enters data into National database;
• Serves as local liaison to local funding foundations and groups (i.e. United Way, CFC, etc.);
• Support grant-funded activities of the market, monitoring budgets for assigned projects and programs, achieving goals and producing reports;
• Attends and participates in statewide or regional meetings, program staff and committee meetings;
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (preferred) in public health, health/social services or related fields or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of two years related non-profit experience;
• Strong presentation skills, including demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
• Successful internal and external collaborations and partnership experience;
• Must be results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five state Region.
Send your resume and coverletter to Jennifer Robinson (email@example.com). No phone calls. Only candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. The Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.