2015 Arthritis Foundation Science Department Delivering on Discovery Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Arthritis Foundation has released a request for proposals for scientific projects that show promise to achieve a faster cure for arthritis and related diseases. The Arthritis Foundation is particularly interested in expediting movement between basic research to patient-centered research to population-based research to point of care; and improving clinical decision-making and health outcomes at point of care through the use of new products, tools, and technologies for people across the lifespan with arthritis and related diseases.
The following scientific discovery themes are priorities:
- Understanding causation (infectious, injury, environmental, other)
- Faster diagnosis (biomarkers, telemedicine, other)
- Healing bone and cartilage damage
- Reducing and eliminating inflammation
- Measuring and improving treatment efficacy (biomarkers, pain, fatigue, other)