Arthritis Basics for Change (ABC)
DATE: Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
TIME: 12:30-1:30 PM
Lynn Crimando, MA, E-RYT-500
American Viniyoga Therapist
Arthritis Foundation Educator and Exercise Instructor
NYU-Certified Executive Coach
**ALSO AVAILABLE IN SPANISH**
TO REGISTER FOR THE SPANISH VERSION OF THIS WEBINAR, CLICK HERE!
A Patient Webinar about Clinical Research Studies: How do I Enroll? Learn about the enrollment process for participating in clinical research and the roles and responsibilities of the Clinical Research Coordinator.
PRESENTER: Laura Donohue & Shella Marder
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy-Clinical Immunology
Northshore- LIJ Health System
Understanding Arthritis Related Clinical Research: This webinar will provide overview of the clinical research process, the phases of a clinical trial, and insights into the importance of medical research in patient care.
PRESENTER: Jessica Gordon, MD, MSc
Department of Rheumatology
Hospital for Special Surgery
- Learn about treating RA and autoimmune arthritis, when surgery is necessary, benefits of physical activity, and coping with the pain and stress of RA
PRESENTERS: Alan S. Lichtbroun, MD
Michael Goldberg, MD
Kathy Geller, Certified Fitness Trainer
Beth Youmans, PhD
Click Image below to watch and listen.
- 2011 Charles L. Christian Symposium: Today's Options for Osteoarthritis Managment. This program was co-sponsored by the Hospital for Special Surgery. To view the presentations, click here.
- Boning up on the Knee: Managing Osteoarthritis -- Gain information about the causes and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee, as well as some discussion of the x-ray and microscopic findings often seen in this disease. Learn more about the non-surgical treatment of knee osteoarthritis, including both medication and non-medication options.
PRESENTERS: Rashmi Khadilkar and Edward Tanner, MD
Rochester General Medical Group
- Learn about the diagnosis, treatment options, and pain management for fibromyalgia. Gain the tools necessary to address the challenges that come along with this condition.
PRESENTER: David Lans, DO FACP
Chief, Division of Rheumatology
Click image below to view the webinar
Facing and Managing Arthritis Pain:
- This webinar includes up-to-date information on treatments for arthritis pain, and discusses strategies for positive and productive communication about arthritis pain with your healthcare provider.
PRESENTERS: M. Carrington Reid, MD, PhD
Director, Office of Geriatric Research
Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
Center for Aging Research and Clinical Care
Weill Cornell Medical College
Christine Stamatos RN, DNP-C
Long Island Rheumatology and Osteoporosis Care
Click the image below to view the webinar
Improving Through Moving
- This web-based program provides information about the importance of movement and demonstrates exercises designed to benefit patients with arthritis. Energize with simple, effective techniques to practice at home or on the go.
PRESENTER: Jennifer Horonjeff, MS, PhD Candidate, Ergonomics Consultant
NYU Langone Medical Center
Click image below to view the educational video
- Through a series of presentations and interactive sessions with experienced staff and active advocates, this webcast will provide you with the tools you will need to get involved, become an Arthritis Ambassador and learn to share your arthritis story with elected officials.
Click the icon below to view the webcast and read or print the program presentations.
Nutrition and Arthritis
- Choosing a healthy diet can be a positive "Self-Help" technique in managing your arthritis. In this webinar, we address guidelines for choosing healthy diets, with specific emphasis on anti-inflammatory approaches. "Eat to Beat Joint Inflammation" will enhance your quality of life.
Click image below to view the educational webinar
PRESENTER: Geraldine Jaffe, MA, RD, CD/N