Benefits to You
The Aquatic Program will help you:
- Reduce pain
- Decrease feelings of isolation through social interaction
- Gain strength and flexibility
- Improve your day-to-day life
Experience the Aquatic Program
The Aquatic Program can be experienced in a class setting:
Aquatic Classes – Led by certified instructors, the one-hour classes meet for six weeks, two to three times per week and are designed to be a fun, safe way for people with arthritis to exercise and stay fit.
Arthritis Water Exercise DVD – Based on the popular Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program, this 45-minute DVD provides a water exercise routine that can be done outside the class environment.
The Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program was co-developed with the YMCA. Studies show individuals attending the classes have experienced:
- Less pain
- Improved joint function
- Increased muscle strength
- Better perceived quality of life and well-being