It All Begins With You!
The Arthritis Foundation is fortunate to have hundreds of loyal and caring volunteers throughout Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin who help carry out our mission to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases. As an Arthritis Foundation volunteer, you will meet new friends, gain valuable experience and know that you are helping people who face the daily challenges of arthritis.
There are many volunteer opportunities available with the Upper Midwest Region. The gift of your time will benefit the more than one million people within our Chapter who are affected by arthritis. Listed below is a brief description of our volunteer opportunities. For the full listing and volunteer application see "Resources for Becoming a Volunteer" at the bottom of this page. You may also direct your inquiries to 651-644-4108 or 1-800-333-1380 or e-mail Greg Seaberg at email@example.com.
Join us in our office in St. Paul to help with our daily operations. Some of the opportunities include:
- Assist with Arthritis Foundation call center
- Help with information and referral mailings
- Assist with data entry projects
- Coordinate special projects
- Provide telephone information and referral
Make a difference! Be the first contact that many people have with the Arthritis Foundation. Volunteers are needed throughout the Upper Midwest Region. We provide orientation and training.
- Health Fairs -- Represent the Arthritis Foundation at health fairs. You will meet people, answer basic questions and distribute up-to-date literature.
- Speakers Bureau -- Here is an opportunity to improve your presentation skills and tell the story of how the Arthritis Foundation can help people with arthritis. Most presentations are on weekdays between
9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Community Specialist -- Be our key contact person in your community and help increase awareness of the Arthritis Foundation. Various duties include contacts with media, distributing up-to-date brochures and identifying key partnerships in your community.
Be an ongoing source of strength and hope. Help yourself by helping others. Leaders are needed throughout the North Central Chapter.
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic, Exercise, Tai Chi and Walk with Ease Program Leaders -- These popular programs help people improve their health through regular exercise. Share your love of exercise as a trained Arthritis Foundation volunteer. Click here for more information!
Special Events & Committees
Fundraising is an important part of how we improve the lives of people with arthritis. Committee members and day of event volunteers are needed for all our events. You can even contribute by walking or running a marathon! Jobs range from helping with registration to sitting in a chaise lounge. Search for events near you that need volunteers.
We are always looking for qualified and responsible interns to fill our internship positions. Our internship program accepts applications on an ongoing basis for summer or school year internships. To learn more about this program contact Greg Seaberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 651-644-4108.
Resources for Becoming a Volunteer
If you are interested in any of the above opportunites or want to learn more check out our other resources below.