Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune
2.5 to 4 mg per kilogram of body weight per day, in two doses.
Potential Side EffectsHelp
Abdominal pain; high blood pressure; increase in hair growth; inflammation of the gums; kidney problems; loss of appetite; nausea; numbness; tingling.
- You should not take grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking this drug, because doing so affects the levels of the drug in your body.
- You should not take St. John’s wort while taking this drug.
- Take at the same time every day.
- Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant. Do not use if you have an eye infection. Do not wear contact lenses while using this medication. Cyclosporine may make you more likely to get infections and certain cancers.
- Your doctor should order periodic blood and urine tests to check for unwanted effects. Before taking any DMARD, tell your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant.
The Arthritis Today Drug Guide is meant for education – not self-medicating. Arthritis Today, the Arthritis Foundation and the Drug Guide Medical Review Panel do not endorse any products mentioned in this guide. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date, we make no representations or warranties about the completeness of the information provided.