Walk With Ease Online Trainings
The cost of the web-based training workshop is $50 which includes the costs of the training module administration and materials. After successfully completing the training and sending the required documents to the Arthritis Foundation, you will be sent a set of materials including the Walk with Ease participant workbook, Walk with Ease Leader’s Guide, a set of posters and a lightweight backpack. If you have received a scholarship for this training, you must obtain a discount code from your local Arthritis Foundation office and insert this when asked for payment during the registration process.
How to access the online training
Step One: Register Online
- Register at http://walkwithease.kintera.org/.
- You will see background information about the Walk with Ease program, the registration fees and the leader requirements and will have an opportunity to print out the Statement of Understanding form which you will need to sign and send to the Arthritis Foundation.
- After reviewing this information, you will be given a link to Register.
- After you click the Register link, you will be asked to complete a workshop registration form and to pay for the training. If you have been given a scholarship, you will insert a code when asked to make the payment.
- After registering you will receive a confirmation indicating that you successfully registered for the training and reminding you that to meet all of the leader qualifications, you must send documentation of your CPR certification and the signed Statement of Understanding form to the Arthritis Foundation.
Step Two: Create an Account
- After you have completed the registration and payment, you will be directed to another link where you will set up a login account. Creating your own account allows you to do the training modules at your own pace, and to come and return as you please.
- On this screen, insert your first and last name, email address and create a password.
- Click the Register link at the bottom of the page.
Step Three: Start the Program
The main menu page lists the four modules. Click on the first module to start the program:
- Lesson 1: Overview & Program Syllabus
- Lesson 2: 5-Step Walking Pattern & Program Exercises
- Lesson 3: Motivational Strategies & Teaching Tips
- Lesson 4: Managing the Program
If you have trouble starting the program up, click on the Help link.
Step Four: Complete the Program and Post-Program Follow-Up
- After you complete Lesson 4, you will be directed to the post-test. The post-test has two parts: Part 1, a 13- question knowledge test and Part 2, an online training feedback form. In Part 1, you must answer at least 9 questions correctly to pass the test. If you are not successful, you will have the option of going back and reviewing the lessons and retaking the test.
- After passing Part 1 and completing Part 2, you will see a screen that directs you to print a copy of your post-test, to send to the Arthritis Foundation and a certificate of completion for your records.
- To notify the Arthritis Foundation that you have successfully completed the training, send a copy of your post-test, signed statement of understanding and CPR certification documentation.
- Congratulations! You will then receive a set of Walk with Ease materials including the Walk with Ease participant workbook, Leader’s Guide, posters and a backpack and will be all set to lead your first class.