Event planning is critical to event day and future success. Everyone wants to participate in a well-run event, so this section will provide all you need to know about the event logistics, event standards, incorporating the mission and making what Greatist.com called “one of the most incredible themed events.”
Jingle Bell Run is a 5 Kilometer Timed Race. Most events will also include additional optional activities, such as a 5K Walk, Children’s Fun Run and 1 mile walk (for people with arthritis). Longer distances such as 10K are permitted, as long as they are not intended to replace the 5K.
- Must have a clearly marked start/finish line
- Must have a timing clock, official race director preferred
- Must provide participant race bibs
- Chip Timing is preferred for races over 500 participants
- USTAF Certified Course is preferred for races over 500 participants
Arthritis affects 1 in every 5 adults and 300,000 children across the United States. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability. Contrary to popular belief, arthritis isn’t just minor aches and pains, an inconvenience, or an “old person’s disease.” For many people of all ages, it’s a serious, progressive and potentially fatal disease. By joining the Jingle Bell Run, you are helping the Arthritis Foundation find better treatments and a cure, as well as support programs and services the reduce the disease’s impact.
We need to make sure our participants are aware of the seriousness of arthritis and include them in our mission. Be sure to use the event to highlight:
- The Arthritis Foundation mission and vision
- Advocacy – Use event day to sign up advocates on the spot