A Patient Webinar about Clinical Research Studies: How do I Enroll? Learn about the enrollment process for participating in clinical research and the roles and responsibilities of the Clinical Research Coordinator.
PRESENTER: Laura Donohue & Shella Marder
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy-Clinical Immunology
Northshore- LIJ Health System
Understanding Arthritis Related Clinical Research: This webinar will provide overview of the clinical research process, the phases of a clinical trial, and insights into the importance of medical research in patient care.
PRESENTER: Jessica Gordon, MD, MSc
Department of Rheumatology
Hospital for Special Surgery
This educational session discusses the importance of early, aggressive treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in order to improve prognoses/limit joint destruction and live a more normal life.
Elliot Rosenstein, MD
Overlook Hospital, Summit, NJ
Director, Institute for Rheumatic & Autoimmune Disease
Eileen Lydon, NP, ANP-C
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Learn about treating RA and autoimmune arthritis, when surgery is necessary, benefits of physical activity, and coping with the pain and stress of RA
PRESENTERS: Alan S. Lichtbroun, MD
Michael Goldberg, MD
Kathy Geller, Certified Fitness Trainer
Beth Youmans, PhD
Click Image below to watch and listen.
- 2013 Charles L. Christian Symposium: Today's Options for Osteoarthritis Management. This program was co-sponsored by the Hospital for Special Surgery.
To view the presentations click here
- 2011 Charles L. Christian Symposium: Today's Options for Osteoarthritis Managment. This program was co-sponsored by the Hospital for Special Surgery. To view the presentations, click here.
Click image to view the webinar
- Rub Shoulders With an Expert- Learn More About Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder – Learn the various ways that shoulder arthritis is diagnosed, understand treatment options including medications, physical therapy, activity modifications and surgery, learn what to expect after surgery and the value of a shoulder specialist.
Presenter: Lee Kabak, MD
Click image to view the webinar
- Boning up on the Knee: Managing Osteoarthritis -- Gain information about the causes and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee, as well as some discussion of the x-ray and microscopic findings often seen in this disease. Learn more about the non-surgical treatment of knee osteoarthritis, including both medication and non-medication options.
PRESENTERS: Rashmi Khadilkar and Edward Tanner, MD
Rochester General Medical Group
- Learn about the diagnosis, treatment options, and pain management for fibromyalgia. Gain the tools necessary to address the challenges that come along with this condition.
PRESENTER: David Lans, DO FACP
Chief, Division of Rheumatology
Click image below to view the webinar
Facing and Managing Arthritis Pain:
- This webinar includes up-to-date information on treatments for arthritis pain, and discusses strategies for positive and productive communication about arthritis pain with your healthcare provider.
PRESENTERS: M. Carrington Reid, MD, PhD
Director, Office of Geriatric Research
Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
Center for Aging Research and Clinical Care
Weill Cornell Medical College
Christine Stamatos RN, DNP-C
Long Island Rheumatology and Osteoporosis Care
Click the image below to view the webinar
Improving Through Moving
- This web-based program provides information about the importance of movement and demonstrates exercises designed to benefit patients with arthritis. Energize with simple, effective techniques to practice at home or on the go.
PRESENTER: Jennifer Horonjeff, MS, PhD Candidate, Ergonomics Consultant
NYU Langone Medical Center
Click image below to view the educational video
- Through a series of presentations and interactive sessions with experienced staff and active advocates, this webcast will provide you with the tools you will need to get involved, become an Arthritis Ambassador and learn to share your arthritis story with elected officials.
Click the icon below to view the webcast and read or print the program presentations.
Nutrition and Arthritis
- Choosing a healthy diet can be a positive "Self-Help" technique in managing your arthritis. In this webinar, we address guidelines for choosing healthy diets, with specific emphasis on anti-inflammatory approaches. "Eat to Beat Joint Inflammation" will enhance your quality of life.
Click image below to view the educational webinar
PRESENTER: Geraldine Jaffe, MA, RD, CD/N
- Arthritis Basics for Change (ABC): Learn about self-help techniques, including exercise, nutrition, and communicating with healthcare providers. Participants will also learn how to decrease arthritis-related pain and manage symptoms with Arthritis Foundation resources. Click image below to view the educational webinar.
TO WATCH THE SPANISH VERSION OF THIS WEBINAR, CLICK HERE!