Exercise Program Instructor Training Los Angeles
Oct 24, 2013 9:00am – 6:00pm
The Pacific Region, Santa Barbara & San Fernando Valley Offices are pleased to offer the Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor Training.
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor Workshop
Thursday, October 24, 2013 ~ St. John’s Regional Medical Center, Oxnard CA
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program – features gentle, joint-safe exercises developed specifically for people with arthritis to help relieve stiffness, decrease arthritis pain and improve balance. The course incorporates the optional use of resistance bands and weights for an added workout as well as interactive health education lessons and stress-reducing relaxation techniques to help participants better manage their arthritis. The low-impact exercises can be done while sitting, standing or on the floor. The program is led by Arthritis Foundation-certified instructors.
Arthritis Foundation Certified Instructor Workshop - This training program is designed to prepare individuals to become Certified Instructors by providing:
- An overview about the physiological and psychological aspects of rheumatic diseases.
- Principles of exercise for people with arthritis.
- Joint protection and other safety principles for the instructor and the participant.
- Demonstration, practice, and testing of approved recreational exercise activities for people with arthritis.
- Overview of policies and logistics for establishing an Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program.
Location: St. John’s Regional Medical Center
1600 North Rose Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93030
Contact: Oscar Lopez