The Arthritis Foundation is hosting its 9th annual “Active Living with Arthritis Expo” from 9am to 1pm Wednesday, October 24th at the Tucson Jewish Community Center, 3800 E River Rd., Tucson, AZ.
The public is invited to this free event. The half-day expo aims to empower individuals affected by arthritis-related conditions, giving information and education on the latest developments in managing arthritis.
This year's Expo offers an exciting line-up of physician presentations (including an expert panel to answer questions), free health screenings, a question and answer booth staffed by a board certified rheumatologist, arthritis health-related product and service displays, free massages, a free Tai Chi class, and prizes.
Active Living with Arthritis Expo Schedule:
- 8:30 -9:00 am Registration and Vendor Visits
- 9:00 -9:15 am Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15 -10:00 am New Recommendations for Treatment of Arthritis; Eric P. Gall, M.D., MACP, MACR Professor of Clinical Medicine (Rheumatology), University of Arizona College of Medicine Interim Director of Arizona Arthritis Center
- 10:00 -10:30 am Vendor Visits
- 10:30 – 11:15 am Keep Moving with Healthy Joints - Treatment for Shoulders, Andrew Mahoney, M.D., Orthopedic Surgeon, Tucson Orthopaedic Institute
- 11:15 – 12:15 pm You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers - Expert Panel; This is your chance to ask a group of experts about any arthritis related questions you may have. Moderator- Gail Kershner Riggs, M.A., CHES, John J. Wild, Jr., M.D. Orthopedic Surgeon, Tucson Orthopaedic Institute, John A. Szivek, Ph.D., Professor & Researcher, University of Arizona Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Jeffrey R. Lisse, M.D., Chief Section of Adult Rheumatology, Professor of Rheumatology, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- 12:15 – 1:00 pm Visit Vendors and Closing Remarks
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm Tai Chi for Arthritis Sample Class; Susan Cooper, Certified Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi Instructor, Heather Chalon, MPH, Certified Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi Instructor
Download the flyer.