Volunteer - Make a Difference!
Did You Know
- Arthritis costs the economy $128 billion. These costs include $81 billion in direct costs for expenses like physician visits and surgical interventions and $47 billion in indirect costs for missed work days.
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States.
- More than 50 million people (1 in 5 adults) and nearly 300,000 children live with arthritis every day.
- By the year 2030, an estimated 67 million or 25% of the projected total adult population will have arthritis.
- Nearly one-third of adults with arthritis experience work limitations.
Real Life Stories: Watch Video
Your Help is Needed!
The Arthritis Foundation is the largest national, voluntary health agency seeking the causes, cures, preventions and treatments for the more than 100 forms of arthritis. The Foundation has more than 100 offices and service points nationwide to provide community-based programs and to raise funds.
By Volunteering with the Arthritis Foundation, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of more than 50 million adults and the 300,000 children living with arthritis. As an Arthritis Foundation volunteer, you can use your talents and experience to make a vital difference in your community.
Sign up to be a Volunteer today! To find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you use VolunteerMatch to locate local opportunities in your community.
The Arthritis Foundation also provides a large number of community-based services nationwide to make life with arthritis easier, including:
- Self-help courses
- Water and land-based exercise classes
- Instructional videotapes
- Public forums
- A wide variety of free educational brochures and booklets
- The national, bimonthly consumer magazine Arthritis Today
- Continuing education courses and publications for health professionals
Arthritis Foundation volunteers also serve as Advocates to local and national governments on behalf of the more than 50 million Americans with arthritis and chronic joint symptoms.