March 5 Ambassador Briefing: Presentation (If unable to load, try this PDF version) / Click to Watch Briefing Recording
New Ambassador Orientation: Presentation (If unable to load, try this PDF version) / Click to Watch Orientation Recording
Attend the Advocacy Summit OR schedule a phone call with your Representative's Health Legislative Assistant.
- Copy the draft language below into an email to your Health Legislative Assistants and edit it to fit your needs.
- If you don’t receive a response within 5 business days, call the Washington, DC office of your Representative and leave a voicemail for the HLA using the draft language below.
- Schedule your call with the HLA and share with them your personal arthritis story (brief! Under 2 minutes) and our three legislative requests for 2014 (see below)
- Visit www.arthritis.org/report and complete an assignment report, with notes for any follow up required. See below for reporting instructions.
Don't know who your Health Legislative Assistants are? Can't login? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arthritis Foundation will be hosting its annual Advocacy Summit March 24-26. During that time, you’ll probably meet with patients like me who live with arthritis every day. I would like, if possible, to schedule a brief 10-15 minute phone call with you to share with you my own personal arthritis story and our three legislative priorities for 2014. Please let me know a time that’s convenient to you, and I will do my best to accommodate your schedule. I look forward to hearing from you!
[your phone and email]
Hi [HLA], this is [your name] from [city, zip]. I’m calling to follow up on an email I sent over last week. I would like, if possible, to schedule a brief 10-15 minute phone call with you to share with you my own personal arthritis story and three legislative priorities for 2014. Please let me know a time that’s convenient to you, and I will do my best to accommodate your schedule. I look forward to hearing from you! I can be reached via email at [your email] or phone [your phone]. Thanks again!
Our Three Priorities:
- Access to Medications: Please cosponsor the Patients' Access to Treatments Act. Learn more at www.arthritis.org/pata.
- Access to Doctors: Please cosponsor the Pediatric Subspecialty and Mental Health Workforce Reauthorization Act. Learn more at www.arthritis.org/pediatric-rheumatologist
- A Cure: Please support the inclusion of "post-traumatic osteoarthritis" and "rheumatoid arthritis" in the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program in the Defense Appropriations Bill. Learn more at www.arthritis.org/dod.
In order for the Arthritis Foundation to reach our public policy objectives, it is critical that we monitor and track legislative activity and relationships. For this reason, and so that you may be recognized for your efforts, Ambassadors must report in their assignment acitivity.
To report your activity, visit www.arthritis.org/report.
Username = your email address
Passcode = your last name
Need help? Download the Ambassador Reporting Center Manual
If the manual is unhelpful, please contact Laurie Markle at email@example.com for guidance.
Download the 2014 Platinum Ambassador Criteria