Transportation to Capitol Hill by bus will be provided with buses leaving from the hotel every 30 minutes. These buses are accessible. If you wish to use the Metro, we ask that you make your own arrangements.
Air and Train to Washington, DC:
Three airports serve the Washington, D.C. area. Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport to the city, but competitive fares typically can be found into Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) and Washington Dulles (IAD) airports. Washington, D.C. is served by Amtrak at Union Station (WAS), which is a 10 minute cab ride to the hotel. The Capital Hilton is a two and a half block walk from the Farragut North station on the Red Line if you choose to take a train to Union Station.
Metro to The Capital Hilton
The Capital Hilton is located near the Farragut North station on the Red Line, the Farragut West station on the blue and orange lines, and the McPherson Square station on the blue and orange lines.
Ground Transportation Options from Airports:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) is about 5 minutes from the sites of our Nation's Capital. The Metro on the Blue and Yellow Lines serve the airport and is just a quick train ride to the heart of the city.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately 45 minutes from downtown Washington, and the taxicab fare is approximately $60. SuperShuttle offers door-to door, shared-ride van service; for information and rates on SuperShuttle ground transportation, call 1-800-BLUEVAN. More than 50 trains travel between the BWI rail station and Washington's Union Station, Monday-Friday, and more limited service is available on Saturday and Sunday. Information on the MTA MARC train can be found at http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train. More information on other ground transportation options can be found at www.bwiairport.com.
- Dulles Airport (IAD) is approximately 45 minutes to an hour from downtown Washington, and the taxicab fare is approximately $50 to $70. Washington Flyer provides bus service to the West Falls Church Metro station on the Orange line in Virginia. For additional information and rates, call toll-free 1-888-WASHFLY or visit their web site at www.washfly.com. SuperShuttle offers door-to door, shared-ride van service; for information and rates on SuperShuttle ground transportation, call 1-800-BLUEVAN. Look for both of these travel options in the baggage claim area.
If you will require a wheelchair or scooter while in Washington, D.C., you are responsible for arranging these services. Listed below are two of the local durable medical equipment providers who will deliver and pickup the equipment from the hotel.
- Spectrum Medical: (301) 587-2992
- Mobility Solutions: (301) 650-0035; (800) 519-0035
Do you have other special needs (i.e. physical, dietary) that we can address to make your conference participation more enjoyable? Please complete the appropriate space on the registration form. Specific hotel requests should be made directly with the hotel.