Transportation to Capitol Hill by bus will be provided with buses leaving from the hotel every 30 minutes. These buses are accessible. If you wish to use the Metro, we ask that you make your own arrangements.
Air and Train to Washington/Arlington:
Three airports serve the Washington, D.C. area. Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport to the city, but competitive fares typically can be found into Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) and Washington Dulles (IAD) airports. Washington, D.C. is served by Amtrak at Union Station (WAS), which is a 20 minute taxicab ride to the Marriott Crystal Gateway or accessible via the Metro (subway) system at the Crystal City station. Please note: Buses will replace Metro between Braddock Road and Crystal City beginning at 10PM on Friday, March 1st and reopens on Monday, March 4th. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Station will be closed for advocates arriving over the weekend. Please consult www.wmata.com for further information.
Ground Transportation Options from Airports:
• Reagan National Airport (DCA) is about 5 minutes from the Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel. The hotel offers a free courtesy shuttle departing every 20 minutes on the hour outside baggage claims five and nine or the taxicab fare is approximately $10. The Metro on the Blue and Yellow Lines is one stop away from the airport. Take the Blue Line to Largo Town Center or Yellow Line to Fort Totten to the Crystal City Station. The hotel is accessible through the tunnels at the Crystal City shops. Use the doors on your right as you come up the escalators and walk towards Rite Aid. The hotel is through the tunnel on your left.
• Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately an hour from the Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel, and the taxicab fare is approximately $60. SuperShuttle offers door-to door, shared-ride van service; for information and rates on SuperShuttle ground transportation, call 1-800-BLUEVAN. More than 50 trains travel between the BWI rail station and Washington's Union Station, Monday-Friday, and more limited service is available on Saturday and Sunday. Information on the MTA MARC train can be found at http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train. More information on other ground transportation options can be found at www.bwiairport.com.
• Dulles Airport (IAD) is approximately 45 minutes to an hour from the Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel, and the taxicab fare is approximately $45 to $50. Washington Flyer provides bus service to the West Falls Church Metro station on the Orange line in Virginia. For additional information and rates, call toll-free 1-888-WASHFLY or visit their web site at www.washfly.com. SuperShuttle offers door-to door, shared-ride van service; for information and rates on SuperShuttle ground transportation, call 1-800-BLUEVAN. Look for both of these travel options in the baggage claim area.
If you will require a wheelchair or scooter while in Washington, D.C., you are responsible for arranging these services. Listed below are two of the local durable medical equipment providers who will deliver and pickup the equipment from the hotel.
• Spectrum Medical: (301) 587-2992
• Mobility Solutions: (301) 650-0035; (800) 519-0035
Do you have other special needs (i.e. physical, dietary) that we can address to make your conference participation more enjoyable and meaningful? Please complete the appropriate space on the registration form. Specific hotel requests should be made directly with the hotel.