More than 46 million Americans have arthritis or a related rheumatic disease, many of whom struggle to find accessible, affordable health care.
This month the Arthritis Foundation is highlighting the need for access to health care for all. Here's an action plan to help you get started finding the health care resources you need and to advocate for better health care for all.
1. Find resources to help you better access the health care system. Discover resources that will help you navigate the health care system.
2. Find tips and resources for selecting insurance. Learn more about selecting insurance plans and filing and following up on your claims.
3. Learn what to do if your claim is denied. Find out about the steps you can take if your insurance claim is denied.
4. Become your own advocate for health care. Improve your odds of getting the care you need by advocating in your own behalf.
5. See the Arthritis Foundation's position on health care reform. Learn what principles the Foundation believes should be included in any health care reform legislation.
6. Get involved. Become an advocate. Become an Arthritis Advocate. You can let Congress know more needs to be done for people with arthritis.