Volunteer - Make a Difference!
Did You Know
• Arthritis is the #1 cause of physical disability in the country.
• 46 million Americans have doctor-diagnosed arthritis. Women outnumber men 3 to 1.
• Arthritis costs the U.S. over $128 billion each year in direct medical expense and lost productivity.
• 300,000 American children have some form of arthritis (more than cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and sickle cell anemia combined). Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis is one of the most common chronic illnesses in children. Watch Video!
Your Help is Needed!
Established in 1948, the Arthritis Foundation is a volunteer-driven, national nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for over 120 types of arthritis including:
- Osteoarthritis (OA);
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA);
- Ankylosing Spondylitis;
- Fibromylagia Syndrome;
- Psoriatic Arthritis; and
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
By Volunteering with the Arthritis Foundation, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of 46 million adults and nearly 300,000 children living with arthritis. As an Arthritis Foundation volunteer, you can use your talents and experience to make a vital difference in your community.
Sign up to be a Volunteer today! Locate your local chapter here to find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you.
The Arthritis Foundation also provides a large number of community-based services nationwide to make life with arthritis easier, including:
- Self-help courses
- Water and land-based exercise classes
- Instructional videotapes
- Public forums
- A wide variety of free educational brochures and booklets
- The national, bimonthly consumer magazine Arthritis Today
- Continuing education courses and publications for health professionals
Arthritis Foundation volunteers also serve as Advocates to local and national governments on behalf of the 46 million Americans with arthritis and chronic joint symptoms.